The Important Website Links For Company Cars

1. Find fuel consumption and emissions information on a new or used car
Search for car details including fuel consumption, CO2 and other emissions, by make and model.

2. Find vehicle tax information on a new or used car
Search for car details by make, model and registration date, or view the current tax tables.

3. Find new cars by tax band
Search for new cars in a particular tax band. Includes Band A cars that are exempt from vehicle tax and also cars that have a nil rate tax disc.

4. Find the cost of tax for all vehicle types
Search for the amount of tax payable on cars, motorcycles, lorries, coaches and all other vehicle types.

5. Find new cars by fuel economy
Search for new cars by fuel consumption figures.

6. Find new cars and show fuel running costs
Search for new cars by the annual cost of fuel.

7. Find new cars by company car tax band
Search for new cars by company car taxation, based on CO2 bands.

8. Find new cars using alternative fuel types
Search for new cars using Liquefied Petrolium Gas (LPG)/Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and petrol electric.

9. Download car fuel and emissions information
Find data on fuel consumption and emissions on individual cars. A sample of the environmental label can also be downloaded.

1. Company car and car fuel benefit calculator

2. Company cars: tax and NICs policy background

3. Guidance for employees

4. Guidance for employers

5. Tax and NICs manuals

1. Employers – Calculate tax on company cars – Work out taxable value etc

1. Capital allowances on company cars

1. Company cars – advisory fuel rates

1. Renew a tax disc
How to get a tax disc (vehicle licence) from the DVLA for your car, motorbike, lorry, bus or other vehicle – online, by phone or at the Post Office

2. Apply for a duplicate tax disc
Use form V20 to apply for a duplicate vehicle tax disc

3. Vehicles exempt from vehicle tax
Types of vehicle that are exempt from vehicle tax (car tax) – vehicles used by disabled people, mobility scooters, historic vehicles, electric vehicles, mowing machines, steam vehicles and agricultural vehicles.

4. Calculate vehicle tax rates
Use the online tool to find the tax rate for all vehicle types

5. Exchange a tax disc
Fill in form V70 ‘Application to exchange a vehicle tax disc’ and send it to DVLA Swansea with any payment and extra documents

6. Apply for a tax disc in advance
If your tax disc is due to run out while you’re abroad, you can apply for a new one up to 2 months in advance.

7. Apply for a tax disc refund (form V14)
Fill in form V14 and send to DVLA to apply for a vehicle tax disc refund

8. Apply for an HGV vehicle licence (tax disc) – form V85
To apply for an HGV vehicle licence (tax disc) download and fill in form V85 and apply in person at a Post Office that issues tax discs

9. Check if a vehicle is taxed
Check and report if a vehicle has an up-to-date tax disc (vehicle tax) or is ‘off road’ (SORN)

10. Exemption from MOT testing (V112G)
Application for vehicles that are exempt from the MOT test.

11. Get a clamped or impounded vehicle released
Find out how much you have to pay and where you have to collect your vehicle from if it’s been clamped or impounded

12. Get a tax disc without a V11 reminder
Get a vehicle tax disc (car tax) if you don’t have your V11 reminder – apply online or at the Post Office with your V5C

13. Importing vehicles into the UK
Importing vehicles into the UK – register imported vehicles, Mutual Recognition scheme, type approval, vehicle excise duty and VAT

14. Rates of vehicle tax (V149)
Rates of vehicle tax for all types of tax discs taken out from 1 April 2014.

15. Vehicle tax rate tables
Tables showing the rates for a tax disc (vehicle tax) for different types of vehicle

1. Company car and car fuel benefit calculator

2. Forthcoming changes to car benefit rules
Changes from 2013-14
Changes from 2014-15
Changes from 2015-16

1. Change your name and address on your V5C vehicle registration certificate (log book)

2. Get a V5C vehicle registration certificate (log book)

3. Buy a personalised registration number

4. Change vehicle details on a V5C registration certificate (log book)

5. Checks when buying a used car
Check registration, MOT, tax, vehicle identification number and other details to help make sure a used car isn’t stolen
Contact DVLA

6. Displaying number plates

7. Find your nearest number plate supplier

8. Get vehicle information from DVLA

9. Importing vehicles into the UK

10. Personalised vehicle registration numbers
Buy personalised registrations from DVLA and assign them to a vehicle – renew or update the V750 entitlement certificate, registration number auctions

11. Request information about a vehicle’s registered keeper from DVLA

12. Taking a vehicle out of the UK

13. Telling DVLA if you sell your vehicle

14. Transferring a vehicle registration number (form V317)

15. Vehicle registration
How to register your vehicle and the cost new registrations, kit cars, rebuilds, radically altered vehicles, old and classic vehicles, vehicle identification numbers, Q plates

16. What to do if your vehicle has been stolen

1. Apply for your first provisional driving licence

2. Change the address on your driving licence
Change the address on your driving licence with DVLA online – Government Gateway ID, register, application

3. Change the name on your driving licence
Change the name or title on your driving licence by completing form D1 and sending it with your licence and supporting documents to DVLA

4. Renew your driving licence
Apply online to renew your 10-year driving licence, full or provisional – cost, payment methods, documents and information you need

5. Renew your driving licence if you’re 70 or over
Renew your driving licence online if you’re 70 or over. Use form D46P to apply by post.

6. Driving licence fees
There are different fees if you want to renew, exchange or amend your driving licence, full or provisional – or get a duplicate if yours has been lost, stolen or damaged

7. Book your official driving or riding theory test
Book your theory test from £31 using this official theory test booking service – you’ll need your provisional licence number and an email address to book online

8. Book your official practical driving or riding test
Book your official DVSA practical driving or motorbike/motorcycle riding test online using the driving test booking service – including ADI tests 2 and 3 for driving instructors

9. Driving a minibus
Find out if you can drive a minibus and what licence you need – when you need to have a PCV D1 category licence

10. Replace a lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed driving licence

11. Adding higher categories to your driving licence

12. Change the photo on your driving licence
You can change the photo on your driving licence online at any time by renewing your licence – cost, how to pay and apply, applying by post

13. Compare old and new driving licence categories
Groups and categories for driving licences issued before 15 October 2012 – find equivalent new licence categories and what vehicles you can drive

14. Contact DVLA
Find the right number, email or address to contact DVLA about driving licences, vehicle tax (including what to do if your tax disc has not arrived), medical enquiries, complaints and vehicle registration

15. Driving a motorhome

16. Driving before you’ve got your full licence
The rules for driving or riding before you’ve passed your test and got a full licence

17. Driving disqualifications
When you can get disqualified from driving, disqualified until test pass or extended test pass, applying to reduce your disqualification period, alcohol-related offences

18. Driving in Great Britain on a non-GB licence
Use this tool to see if you can drive in Great Britain with your non-GB driving licence

19. Driving licence categories
Driving licence categories – entitlements on your licence and what vehicles you can drive – cars, motorcycles, mopeds, medium and large lorries, minibuses and buses

20. Driving licence codes
Codes that DVLA place on your driving licence – and their explanations

21. Driving licence renewals
If you’re 45 or older find out when and how to renew your lorry, minibus or bus licence

22. Exchange a foreign driving licence
Find out how to exchange your non-British driving licence for a British licence

23. Exchange your paper driving licence for a photocard licence
Exchange your paper driving licence for a new photocard licence online using your Government

24. Gateway ID
Identity documents needed for a driving licence application
If you don’t have a UK biometric passport there are other identity documents you can use for your driving licence application

25. Order forms online from DVLA
Order application packs and forms from DVLA

26. Penalty points (endorsements)
You could get penalty points (endorsements) on your driving licence if you’re convicted of a motoring offence

27. Reapply for a driving licence following a medical condition
Reapply for a driving licence if your licence was taken away (revoked) or if you surrendered your licence following a medical condition

28. Reapply for your driving licence if you’ve been disqualified
How to reapply for your driving licence if you’ve been disqualified for drink driving or other offences

29. Surrendering your driving licence
When you have to give up your driving licence – age, medical condition, standards of fitness, declaration of voluntary surrender

30. Telling DVLA about a bereavement
31. What you need to tell DVLA if someone who was a driver has died

32. Towing with a car
What you can tow with your car depends on when you got your driving licence – car and trailer practical test, towing weights, width limits and safety standards

33. Track your driving licence application
Track your driving licence application if you’ve already made an online application

34. Vehicle weights explained
Explanations of the different terms you might see on your driving licence

35. Vehicles you can drive
Find out if you’re old enough to or have the right kind of driving licence to drive different kinds of vehicle

36. View your driving licence information
Find out what information DVLA holds about your driving licence 

1. A general ‘contact the DVLA’ page
Vehicle Registration and Tax enquiries
Telephone: 0300 790 6802
Fax: 0300 123 0798
Textphone: 18001 0300 123 1279
Lines open: Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm

1. Challenge your parking penalty
Contact the council within the 14 day discount period to challenge your parking penalty charge notice (PCN) – parking fine, parking ticket.

2. Get a parking permit
Your council has information on parking permit schemes in your area

3. Journey planner
Plan your route by public transport or car, find out departure and arrival times, check live traffic news and more

4. Parking tickets
How to pay or challenge a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) or Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) issued by your local council or the police – Excess Charge Notice (ECN), Standard Charge Notice (SCN)

5. Pay a parking fine
Pay for your Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) – sometimes called parking fines or tickets – to your local council

6. Plug-in car and van grants
Electric (plug-in) cars and van grants – eligibility, how much the grants are worth and how to apply